Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Oh... what do you do in the summertime?

                                                                                                    June 24, 2013

Well, to start off with, it rained Saturday night.  I think that there is proof that God loves us!  The weather has been so warm.  I keep trying so hard to drink water, but I hate the taste of it, and it is kind of heavy to carry around in my backpack and then it just turns hot and gross anyway, so that is a super downer.  I feel like my Hungarian has gotten worse because my brain melted and it ran all over my shoes.  Not really.  My shoes are totally fine.  Anyway.  The main idea is that it rained, and it is supposed to be a lot cooler this week.  So coooool.

I also didn't take any pictures this week... so I will do better on that one.

I really like finding on Friday night, and I realized why.  I feel so much focus when I am looking for people to talk to.  You've got the teenagers, adults, families, all of these people that are enjoying their time together and are really happy with the things they have.  We talk to those people to pass the time, but what is really golden is when we find the people that are alone.  They are looking for something, you know?  It is a Friday night, and they are alone, so maybe they just go down to the river and sit by themselves, or they go to a park, or they sit on a bench on the street, but they feel alone and they are searching for something.  So, we get to go and talk to them!  This week we talked to a lady that was sitting by the river, just kind of using facebook to pass the time, so we asked her what she was doing, and then we just talked to her.  She has for sure had a rough past, she is currently in some interesting situations, and she is looking for help.  We talked to her about the Book of Mormon and how important it is to us in helping us find comfort and relief and then we gifted her a copy and left.  Called her, she isn't in town, because her life is crazy, but she said she will call us when she gets back.  It is one of those things where the day after when we look back it is kind of like, ooh.  i wonder if it really mattered.  But really being able to be there for people in the moment and share our testimonies of the truth is so awesome.  I love it.  I love finding on Friday nights.

We went tabling this week, and I was able to play the ukulele and sing and talk to some people.  There are some really interesting people we talk to.  So interesting.  I talked to this one guy that was telling me that faith is more like... chance.  He asked if he could have a piece of paper and so I ripped him out one from my planner (he later ripped out two more pieces, so that was a tragedy) and he wrote on the one and folded it up.  then he drew a circle a square and a triangle and had me pick two.  then he drew something else and put it on top of the shapes i had selected.  then i picked one more and he unfolded the paper and then had me unfold my paper, and it said that i would pick the circle, and the one that i picked, that was folded up, was a circle.  He told me that was faith.  Interesting.  Entertaining.

Well, let me tell you about my best friend in the whole world!  Turns out I haven't told you about him at all.  He was walking one day, when some Elder gave him a free English class flier.  He loves speaking English and he was having a bunch of tests and stuff, because it is the end of school, so he came.  And then, he started to meet with us.  We would do like, half hour English, half hour gospel.  And he realized how this is what was missing in his life.  And now he doesn't even want to practice English, he just wants the gospel, and he is involved with the YSA and he wore a suit to church on Sunday, and he is the most awesome person ever.  I was talking to the Elder that gave him the Angolóra flier, and he said that he just felt like he had to give that to him.  He like, even went out of his way to give it to him.  And look--this is what happened!!  So cool.  He wants to be baptized, but he is busy with his job this summer (building the scenery for the summer theatre company... coooool).  He was telling me about how he knows without a doubt that God inspired the Elder to give him that paper.  He can totally see God's hand in his life.  It is so awesome.  Ah.  I know that I am just a part of it all, but I am so grateful that I get to be even just a small part in the Lord's work.  When we tell people that we don't get paid to be here, they just like gasp at us, and then I say the only thing that we get is blessings from God.  That is way better anyways, right?

This gospel is true.  God loves all of His children.  Never say never!!
Sok szeretettel,
Kennedy nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment