Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Happy Reunion!

July 22, 2013
Dear family,

What an incredible week.  We had a lot of blessings, and a nice little trip to Szolnok!  I got to meet up with a lot of my Kecskemét  friends... and you know what was really nice?  Talking to them!!  Ha.  It was really good.  Another victory this week... I read Ether 12 in Hungarian and I was like, woah.  I understood it all.  So, that was an exciting little moment in my life.

This is me in a sunflower field.  Pretty, huh?



I had a companion and it was her dream to find a sunflower field, and I was really grateful that I found this little wonder out in the middle of nowhere.  Because, everyone knows, that is where the best sunflowers are--in the middle of nowhere.

We had a lot of great people at church this week, including a cute family we have been working with since we got here to Szeged.  So awesome!  I asked her ho w she felt when she was there, and she said, weird.  We have yet to find out if it is a good weird, or a bad weird, but we are going to work with what we have got so far... and she came to church and that is a big deal.

This week, I had the priviledge of meeting the Smiths!  I called the office and was talking to them, when they said, oh we have to take the Smiths to Szolnok, they just got here from Randolph.  WHAT?!  So... I was in Szolnok last week, and I got to meet them and talk to them and everything. It was so incredible.  I loved it.   Sister Smith was talking to people in Hungarian!!  She is so cute, and they are already doing awesome.  She was asking this little boy if they were friends.  Really simple, but she was doing it.  I love them.  I want to serve in Szolnok.  That would be the best.

Talking to them was really great.  I mean, I feel like I wasn't really able to get to know  Grandma and Grandpa, and they just kind of shared with me stories about who they were.  Everytime I talked to them, I almost burst into tears. Crying.  What a fun thing.  I brought my ukulele, and I was playing that while the Bishop from Kecskemét was on his guitar, and we were just jamming for a little bit right before we all needed to go.  I ran to their car to say goodbye and Sister Smith just started telling me about Willa and how much she loved to be involved and doing things and how it was really great to see me today.  It just made me really think about who I am.  Where I came from.  Super grateful to be a Kennedy.  We got home, and I started writing in my journal and I just cried.  I  have always wanted to live my life in a way that my family would be proud of me, and that I will be righteous enough to live in the celestial kingdom so taht I can talk to my grandparents, you know?   And, in that moment, I felt like they are proud of me, and that everything I am doing is pushing me towards that goal. It was a really precious experience, and there are alot of things I didn't say, but I think you get the general idea of what happened.  I can tell you that crying is tiring!  I was so tired the next day and my eyes were swollen.  That is the worst.

I love you all!  Everything is good.  I am super happy in Hungary and I am just... going... you know?



Oh.   This is me and Sister Maxfield taking a break and eating chocolate csigas!!  which is like a chocolate cinnamon roll basically... yeah.  We act our age.

Sok szeretettel,

Kennedy nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment