Monday, August 6, 2012

Best P-Day at the MTC

July 25, 2012

    Today has been the best P-day thus far because... we finally got to go to the temple!  It closed for cleaning the day that we got here and we haven't been able to go yet.  A couple of districts were able to go and clean.  We didn't have that opportunity, but we got to go today and it was perfect.  I love the temple.  I wish everyone could go and draw themselves nearer to God.  I also decided when I get home, maybe I could be a temple worker!  That would be quite neat!  And, the Hungarian district is done speaking Hungarian all of the time, so that is refreshing to hear English come out of their mouths.

    Can I have some family history stories sent to me?  I would love to read them and to share them with people I meet.  Ones about working hard, faith, diligence, anything!  And, if people would send me memories of grandparents that would be awesome too.  And.  If anyone has any thoughts of the night I got set apart or the day I went into the temple for my own endowment I would like those thoughts as well.

    This week I realized that I am extremely blessed in the fact that I don't care about things.  If I go a day without makeup, it's okay.  I don't care.  If it rains and my hair is ruined, it's okay, I don't care.  When the food is not the best some people really complain about it, and I really don't care.  Right now I feel like there are so many other things to care about, and I am glad that you taught me how to have the right focus in my life.

     My teacher says that I say the darndest things.  And, it's true.  I try to speak Hungarian... but most of the time I get things wrong.  Examples?  Okay!  While testifying of the Book of Mormon I told him, "I love you Book of Mormon."  He thought it was funny.  The next lesson I really wanted to tell him that God will bless him, I think I was talking about prayer, anyways, this is what I said, "God will sacrifice you."  He asked if I meant bless, and in my best Hungarian I said yes.  He brought it up in class later.  Way funny.  The language is coming really slowly, but I am learning so much and I am really enjoying the time that I have here.  Can you believe I have been out a month and I'm not even half way done in the MTC?  Ha.  Our second group of English sisters will be leaving Tuesday...  and I will be seeing them off.

     I have been doing sit ups and counting in Hungarian for practice.  If you are interested to know my highest number, go ahead and Google Translate száz.  You will be impressed.  I know I was.

     Oh!  I got a calling.  I am the Coordinating Sister.  This means that I introduce the new missionaries that come on Wednesday and on Thursday I teach them about stuff... I do this with the Zone Leaders, D'Angina Elder and Decker Elder, who are in my district.  I also see of the sisters in our zone and make sure they get checked out alright.  Two sisters are leaving at 4:00 a.m.!!  But, it will be fun to see them off.  We all live in the same room, and so we really are like sisters!  I was called as Coordinating Sister on Sunday and had meeting right away.  My normal casual Sunday was no longer casual, but full of meetings and learning.  By the end of the day I just missed my companion.

     On Sunday the speaker focused on Come, Come Ye Saints.  It was really cool, inspired by Pioneer Day, I am sure, but he had us sing it three times and it was really moving.  Sing through it, and think about how it relates to missionary work.  I really liked this line, which is really well known, Come, come ye saints, no toil nor labor fear.  Cool, right?  I realized I don't need to be afraid.  There is no reason for it.  I decided, if the pioneers can walk to Utah then I can go on a mission.  Technically, I am already on one, but I can keep going with faith.  Awesome.

     I am leaning so much and I am grateful for all of the things I learned at home.  Parents.  Thanks for trusting me and for letting me make my own decisions.  I appreciate it so much.  I am glad for how you raised me and for the lessons you taught me without speaking.
    I love you all so much.  Thanks so much for the prayers and the support.  Everyday I keep feeling better and better and I keep feeling God's love more abundantly in my life.  I hope that you can all feel this same love.  Make it a commitment to study the scriptures and go to church.  Not just because people tell you to, or because I want you to, but because you have the desire to do it.  I have been thinking a lot about desire lately.  How do you gain a desire?  I don't technically know the answer to that... but I know that I have a desire to be on a mission.  I want it.  I am focused on it.  Psalms 37:4 and Psalms 145:19

Szeretlek!
Kennedy nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment