Monday, August 6, 2012

I LOVE MY FAMILY


August 1, 2012

     Wow.  What a crazy week!  I just finished reading all of your email and I am so glad to hear all of the great news.  I love the family reunion, and I really was so sad to miss it.  My companions, Perkins nővér and Motra Hoover, played horseshoe with me, just so I could remenise... Umm... I know that isn't spelled correctly.... but for the life of me, I can't remember how to spell it...  Mom, I am glad to hear that 4H is as crazy as ever.  I wouldn't want it any other way.  Sometimes those sergers are terrible demons, sent to destroy, and it sounds like that happened.  I am happy for all of the girls that are doing 4H.  It taught me so many wonderful things about who I am and it helped me become confident and capable.
 
     I am so excited to hear all of the news about the Brigham City temple.  People keep asking me if I want updates on the Olympics.  Nope.  Don't care.  Tell me ALL about the temple though!!  I am so excited to go in there, and I am pretty sure it is the only thing I really miss right now.  Mom.  Dad.  Please tell me all of your experiences that you have talking to people.  AH!  That is so incredible.  You can testify so strongly of God's love for us.  Because He loves us, He gave us families, the most fantastic thing we could ask for.  And, what makes this gift even sweeter, He provided a way for us to live with our families FOREVER!  Now, that is some exciting stuff to talk about.
 
     So...  I have the sinking suspision (again, I don't know if that is spelled right) that Daniel isn't reading my emails... but if he wants my bike, he can have it, he just has to buy it.  I will sell it to him for how much I bought it for.
 
     OH!  Big shout out to Dawna and Danicka.  Techincally, I don't know who Danicka is... but it is what the box said.  Jk.  Thanks Darricka.  They sent me a box with two donuts, a cinnamon roll, and a cookie.  So delicious.  I had a really bad day, and then I looked, and behold, a package?!  Anyways, I don't know how to get in contact with them, so if someone could just text them and say thanks, it was a much needed treat on a really hard day.
 
     I keep seeing people that Rachel knows.  It makes me feel so popular.  I saw Kage Allen, and he seems to be doing really well, just learning the language.  I also see Elder Perrenoud a lot.  We only speak Hungarian at meal times, and that is the only time I see the people I know... so most of them have gotten really good at saying hello.  Lesson time?  Okay.  Hogy mondjak (How do you say)  good day:  jó napot.  good day, formally, literally meaning good day I wish: jó napot kÍvánnok. hello: szervusz, szia, halo.  goodbye: szervusz, szia, halo.  i don't know, probably the thing I say most: nem tudom.
 
     I am so grateful and so blessed to have the teachers that I have.  I know that each one of them is here for a reason, and I selfishly believe that reason is for me.  Everything they do and say inspires me to do better.  The language is still super difficult, but I am starting to respond in Hungarian, and I can think in Hungarian.  I am trying to memorize 15 words a day.  I feel behind in memorization, but I can testify of Jézus Krisztus, and that is where it is at.  I know that serving in Hungary will be one of the most difficult things that I ever do, but because of Christ's Atonement I know that I can be made strong and do all of the things that I need to.
 
     MTC life is the same, week after week, same schedule.  Being Coordinating Sister has been nice because I get to go to meetings and meet the new missionaries in our Zone.  We have 9 new sisters coming in today!!!  I hear that there are going to 100 new sisters that come in this week and that will bring our numbers around 450.  There should be about 2,900 missionaries here in the next couple of weeks.  The work is growing, and I am so excited to be apart of it.  I have realized that I am becoming awkward.  Oh no!  The Zone Leaders and I are in the same district.  We had a meeting and one of the zone leaders didn't need to come, and we were already late and so I walked alone with this Elder to the meeting.  It was terrifying.  Nem sabad (not allowed).  We hurried to the meeting as quick as we could, and we were both freaking out.  Kind of funny... but I am really glad that I am starting to see a change in who I am and how I behave.  Oh.  And, I have gotten very lady like, and I feel like I sit very well in skirts.
 
     A group of Achievement Day girls, I don't know if that is what they really were, were at the temple this morning.  I got so excited to see them, and I just said hi.  They smiled really big and Perkins nővér said that I just set an example.  It was really cool.  I am so grateful for everyone that set such a great example to me--all of my leaders, friends, family, and my mom and dad!  I pray for you everynight and I hope that the Lord smiles kindly upon you!!!
 
Szeretlek,
Kennedy nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment