Tuesday, April 9, 2013

There isn't a fire!!

Dear Family,

Daddy!!  I am so sorry I forgot to wish you a happy birthday, I totally remembered and everything, I just didn't say anything last week.  All day I kept telling my companions, today is my dad's birthday!  Such a good day.  Also, super glad to hear everyone's thoughts about the temple.  Rachel.  Congratulations.  You've got more responsibilities now, but way more blessings too!!  And Grandma, happy anniversary.  You married a classy, fantastic guy.  Luckily, the church is true, and you had the honor of having an eternal marriage with him.  Can't wait to party with grandpa in the eternities!!

What a crazy week it has been!  Sister Falslev and Sister Larsen just want to work all of the time.  I love it!  I am so tired though.  I feel like I should be able to catch a break sometime... but I am not.  Still just working and living.  I am tired all of the time, and I am sure if at any moment in the day someone told me I had to take a nap, I could fall asleep in under ten seconds.  Maybe not completely true... but it is true what they say.  Missions are hard work.  Missions make you tired.  But, it's great!  If I wasn't tired I would be nervous I wasn't working hard enough.

I feel like nothing really happened much this week, but then Sister Larsen keeps asking me about different people, and turns out a lot of stuff happened!  I will get around to our week later.

Conference was awesome!  Just like last conference, I imagined getting a text from dad saying something about how awesome it was.  I hope he still sent it out :)  We were able to watch all of the Saturday stuff, and the morning Sunday session.  We were hoping some of our young women aged investigators would come to the Young Women Session on Sunday morning, and we could watch it with them, but no one could.  I had the impression if we were to go out and work really hard during the time when they were playing it, we would find a golden.  Welp.  We came home empty handed and our backpacks were full of Book of Mormons.  Not as successful as we had hoped, but we were able to testify of the living Christ, and that is what it is all about.

I really did love conference.  It gave me a lot of things to think about.  I just want to be a better person.  Also, in our companionship we were talking about how it was all targeted about being moms!  Ha.  Not all of it... but there was some really good things to take into account for the rising future generations of the church.

So, Friday night we were over at the church.  We walk in.  Smells like marshmallows in the microwave to me!  Turns out it was burnt syrup.  Nasty.  Everyone is like scraping and cleaning it up.  We had a member to pick up before we went out to teach at this investigator's house.  We walk outside.  Who pulls up?  The firemen!!  Ha.  It was so funny.  People started shouting English at them--There isn't a fire!!  Right.  Because they understand fluent English.  It was seriously funny.  The next morning we were studying, when what should appear?  Another fire truck!  I thought it was the funniest thing, so I peep out my window and see the firemen start running into our building!!  I got so scared, and we were standing in the middle of the room, holding our breath!  I didn't dare move.  I don't know why, but it really scared me.  They didn't come into our apartment though.  I had a Hungarian explain to me how fire alarms work... and it was kind of hard to understand it all... but mostly if the fire alarm goes off they have the firemen check it in case the people can't afford to call the fire department.  That could be completely wrong. Who knows?!

Thursday we were waiting for a program.  Really cool lady we met a couple of weeks back--the email right before transfers.  We were waiting for her, when suddenly, in walks this really cool guy!  He's like our age, and he just wanted to know what we believe in.  Speaks awesome American English, turns out he went to a Christian school taught by Americans, and he just wants to know about our church and what we believe in.  Woah.  So cool.  So, we talked with him, we ended up meeting with him the next day and it was awesome.  We will see how teaching him goes and where we end up!  Who knows?  I don't!

Our big push in the companionship this week has been to find.  We need to find people to teach.  We need to meet with people that need a change in their lives.  We need to offer something that will let them become whole in Christ.  So, we are stopping everyone, walking down the street.  Lots of people say no.  We love hearing rejections, because when they reject us flat out when can have more time to find the people that are ready!  Stop this guy, not interested, okay.  Next guy, not really sure, but why not--here's my number, next girl, not interested.  We've got tons of ups and downs.  So, we are walking down this street and we stop this girl.  We tell her we want to talk about how we can find more happiness in our lives.  She says words I have never heard on my mission--Sure, I've got two minutes.  What?!  So, I pulled out the Book of Mormon and said it was hers.  I testified of the truthfulness of it and then I started going through the pictures with her, and what it means to me.  I opened up to Christ's picture and testified of this book bringing us happiness through Christ.  She just started crying, and then she said she had to go right then, and she left.  I was testifying with power, and I could literally feel the Spirit coming off of my tongue.  We tried to follow after her, but she disappeared.  Woah.  It was incredible.

The Lord blesses us every single day, we just have to find it.
Sok szeretettel,
Kennedy nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment