Monday, April 22, 2013

It all goes back to Friday.

Dear Family,

As you can tell from my subject title, this whole email will be focusing on Friday.  Oh Friday, what a mystery.  This coming Friday, it is my birthday!  Happy birthday to me :)  What I think would be a rocking birthday present would be this:  Everyone take a picture celebrating my birthday and send it to me!  That would be soooo cool!  So, I expect pictures of cartwheels, and smiles in my mailbox next Monday.  It would be fun to see people's faces.  For my birthday I thought it would be really cool to soap box it.  Go get a box, stand in a main square, and start teaching the first lesson.  I dont know if I am brave enough... or if I have the language skills to really keep it going for that long... But, I guess we will see.

This week was good.  Lots of hard work, lots of disappointments, and lots of positive attitudes.  We have had to give six investigators to different companionships this week due to ward boundaries, so that is always kind of hard to deal with.  We just keep trying to be positive though and we try to look at it as a blessing so that we can go out and find more people to teach.  These are some of the cute girls that we had been meeting with.  They are twins, and I love them :)

I am a real fan of streeting, not the biggest fan of tracting, but I think it builds character.  Yesterday we went out tracting and I brought my ukulele, because we thought we might be able to sing some songs to people!  Hopefully we could get in and just share a song and a message.  No one let us in :(  No one l
ikes happy music!  Ha.  Everyone we talked to was really nice in rejecting us though.  I really do find it extremely interesting the different ways that people reject us.  When we were tracting a lot of people just said they didn't have time right now, so when I asked them if we could come back next week they just kind of extended the no time right now into no time... ever...  Ha.  It was actually pretty funny and we had a really good time out.  I started playing my uke while we waited for the villamos and we were able to talk to a couple of people that way, so that was nice.

Oh.  Here is a picture of me emailing in a super sketch place.  Please note Sister Larsen's constant enthusiasm.

Anyway.  My main focus on my email today is last Friday, not this coming Friday.  Tricked you all.  So, let me just fill you in on the day!  We did studies, we did weekly planning, and then we went to go teach a program.  We got there, and she didn't come.  We call this, getting dogged.  I don't know why.  I don't even know if other missionaries call it that, but we do.  And so, we went out and talked to people in a park.  We had another program scheduled at 5:00, with a backup plan of dinner, and so when we got dogged again we went home and ate.  I probably had soup.  It is getting to hot to eat soup, and I dont know what to eat anymore.  Anyway.  Then we went and taught an awesome program.  It was quite awesome.  We have only met with him three times now, and he is already finished with first and second nefi!  We had a program scheduled that evening, but she cancelled, and when we called the member that was supposed to come with us she was glad we called because she couldnt make it either!  So, our night was completely clear.  We decided to go streeting!  My favorite.

We went down to Széll Kálmán Tér, and we were talking to people and it was all good and stuff, and then we realized the only people that were really there were high school kids that are too cool for school and a lot of drunk people, so we just hoped on the villamos and went!  A villamos is like trax in Salt Lake.  So, Sister Larsen started talking to a lady on the villamos and this lady was super stoked to talk to us and really excited about everything we had to say, and when Sister Larsen asked if she could get her number the lady said, szívesen!  I don't really know how to describe the word, but she was totally willing, and even a little bit excited to give us her number.  That doesn't happen everyday.  Sister Falslev got the number.  Rock on.  So, she got off, and we just kept riding and then we decided to get off.  And then we saw another villamos was going back in so we got back on, because it was after 8 and we needed to start heading home, so we hoped on there for one stop, got off and kept walking. We would say hi to people, but no one was really interested in what we were saying.  But then, I heard like a scream of anger, and i looked and there was this girl all alone that had just thrown her purse on the ground and was really upset.  She was crying, and stuff, and she was really frustrated.  So, I went up to her!  And I asked her if I could help.  She's like a high school girl.  She just started talking using a lot of words that I dont know (I am going to guess that all of them were swear words) and then she asked if I was Hungarian.  When I said no, she kindly switched into English for me so that I could understand her swearing :)  Seriously.  I have never been filled with love more instantly in my whole life.  I don't even know this girl, but I just hugged her, and she cried so much she got mascara on my shirt, and I am not even mad!  She had a lot of problems with God not loving her, and she was screaming, literally the whole time, and I was trying to comfort her, and calm her down, and we just let her scream and rant for probably 15 or 20 minutes.  And then I pulled out the Book of Mormon.  I told her everything that it meant to me, and why it was important.  She didn't scream anymore, she wasn't crying anymore, she could feel it.  She told us that she knew God loves her.  She told us that she loves us.  She kept saying, we don't even know each other!  And, I agreed, but I was so happy to be there to help.  When I gave her the Book of Mormon, she was just so shocked.  So amazed.  She has had a serious hard life, and I know that God put us in her path so we could bless her.  We were there right in that instance so we could help her.  I know that God loves all of His children, and that truly we are never forgotten.

So, that was my miracle of the week.  I truly felt like I was an instrument in God's hands.  It was so awesome.  I absolutely loved it.  I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a missionary.  I didnt understand when people said it was the hardest and the best thing ever, but yeah.  It totally is.  Ha!

I hope everyone has a happy my birthday this week, and that everyone can be missionaries at home.  Yeah.  Missionaries.

Sok szeretettel,
Kennedy nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment