Tuesday, October 16, 2012

There are no pumpkins in Hungary.

Hello!

I was so excited to see so many emails in my mailbox today.  Wow!  Popular!  Today has been one interesting day, and I am really grateful to everyone that was so considerate to write me.  Every letter I get really helps boost my spirits, so thanks.

I am so excited to hear of everyone's involvement with their wards!  The church needs people that are committed to their callings and that are willing to fulfill and magnify them.  The church is nothing without it's members, so work hard and be good!  Chelsea--Good luck with the Primary program!  I hear the Primary program here last year was a play... so I look forward to that!  Oh.  And, for real.  I was thinking you should maybe get ahold of the missionaries in your area.  I know that there are Spanish speaking missionaries out in your parts--I know this because I met some.  But it is really helpful to have strong members that are willing to help missionaries.  Talk to your ward mission leader.  I bet they would love to know you are interested and willing to help.  Leah--Did you have Stake Conference yet?  I just wanted to know how that all went.  Grandma--I am so glad to hear that you got to see the Rogers!  Seeing family must be really great :)  I don't remember what that is like anymore... unfortunately.  Dad--You grew a giant pumpkin!!  I had forgotten.  Please, send me a picture!  I would love to see it.  There really aren't very many pumpkins here.  It is weird to me.  I saw my first pumpkin of the year at the store today, and there was just two of them.  I am used to seeing the huge bins that you can really have your pick.  Not so in Magyarország.  Oh!  And I would love to see how everyone carves all of their pumpkins!!  That would be fun to get pictures of.  Speaking of pictures.  RACHEL?!?!?!  Where did your hair go?!  I love it.  It is super cute.  You were always my inspiration to keep my hair long, and so now I will admit, I am tempted to cut all of mine off... but I will be strong.  Leah and Daniel.  Thanks for your helpful letters.  I really appreciate the encouragement and support you have given me and you gave me a lot of stuff to think of in the next few days.  For your efforts, I might send you some European chocolate.

Oh.  If there are any friends that haven't written me on my mission (aka.  Molly Hill Pack and Hannah Elizabeth McVey) your efforts could be rewarded with not only a letter from me, but European candy.  I just wanted to make sure I called my best friends out.

Hungary is still beautiful.  There are so many flowers that are still blossomed.  It really confuses me, but I love it.  We looked at some churches today, and they are all older than America.  You just don't get stuff like that in Utah for some reason...  We had a Zone Training in Szeged this week.  It was really great to be able to listen to our Zone Leader and here the council he had for us.  I really like the attention our Zone Leader gives us.  I really feel like he is serving me, and that he wants me to succeed.  He remembers the names of our investigators, and he will ask us about their concerns and problems, and then he follows up on it.  It makes me feel important.  I think more people in the world need to feel important.  When people feel important they want to work, and they want to do things.

Teaching has been going well.  I feel like I understand a lot, and then we have a lesson and I just stare and smile.  The other day we were streeting and talking to lots of people.  Sister Jeppson asked me where to go and I said, right.  She seemed kind of weary and told me stories about children throwing bricks and spitting at missionaries, but we still went.  The second person we talked to listened to what we said and was completely willing to give us her number.  When we called her to set up with her she was all ready with the day and time.  We met with her this morning, and oh boy, it took me a good 15 minutes to get warmed up and start understanding her.  Everyone speaks differently!  Some speak super fast, some just mumble, but I keep praying to understand.  It is coming, and I am so grateful for the Lord's willingness to help me.

Something I thought about this week.  When I was little, I really wanted to go on a mission.  I basically spent my whole life preparing for the mission.  And now that I am here, I don't want to waste a minute of it.  I only have 18 months (now that number is smaller...) to really serve and give my all.  I have wanted this for so long, and I want to deliver.  And then, I started thinking about the "big picture".  Let's say we are in the premortal existence, planning how we want to live our lives. Hopefully, we are working as hard as we wanted to before we came here.  I mean, in the grand scheme of things, we only have this earth life to give our all!  So, I challenege everyone to give their best to the Lord and give their best to themself.  I don't want to let anyone down, and I would feel so bad if I let myself down, even without knowing it!

Sorry... no pictures this week!  But, just wait for next week!  There will be something good!  Transfers are next week, so we will see how things go.
Szeretlek,
Kennedy nővér

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting Caroline's letters! It is weird to not hang out with her at the costume shop. Could I get her address? We would love to write to her.
    Lindsay Beardall Lindsaydesigner@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete