Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I took a shower today!

Dear Family,

Please be so excited with me that I got to take a shower!!  On Thursday, my companion got to take a shower, only to realize the hot water didn't work.  Haha.  So, we tried to fix it and it definitely did not work, so we called the landlord.  She told us she would have someone over in a couple hours or something to get it checked out.  She called us later that day to give us the number of the guy we could contact.  So.  We set up a time for him to come over and he tinkered around for a little bit on Friday, only to realize he would need more tools for what he had to fix.  He came over again on Sunday to finish everything and get it all cleaned up--only to find out that it was actually a really intense problem involving more than just our water heater--but the whole heating system for our apartment.  Awesome.  So, he came back this morning and got everything working!  I took a shower.  It was glorious.  It was warm.  We had been warming water on the stove and trying to make that work... Meh.  Showers are incredible.  I guess I need to be more grateful for all of the little things I have.

This is Tamás.  English is his passion. He loves talking about
science articles,and he has a huge vocabulary--some words he
tries to use I don't even know what they are.  Maybe they
aren't real. Scientists make up words, right?
We are hoping to take Tamás to the baptism on Saturday.
We will see how that goes.  Well, we hope.
The bishop's wife let us know that it was supposed to snow this week, and I was immediately told that I need boots.  Welp, if someone in the ward says I need them, it must be true!!  So, the quest for boots continues.  I still haven't found any that I like--Mom.  I did pull out that money.  It was me.  Don't be afraid.

Sándor!  He is the really adorable old man that I try
 really hard to understand.  He was the very first program
 that I had.  He lived during WWII and the Revolution of 1956,
 and he has had a really interesting life. He is interested
in finding the truth, but he might not be so inclined
 to change, so we will see how that goes.
Oh.  Transfers.  I am not leaving, but Jeppson nővér is.  She is going to Szeged and my new companion is... Kimball nővér!  She is really cool.  We have been in the same district and so I actually know her.  She is a really hard worker, and I am really excited to work with her!  I think it will be dynamite.  She is leaving an area where she has been serving for a really long time and she has two baptisms this Saturday that she will miss because of the transfer.  But, our investigator, Tamás, is really interested in baptism, a huge change from last week, and has a lot of questions about what an actual baptism is really like.  I am hoping we can take him with us to the baptism and really have an incredible experience from it all!  Anyway.  Transfers.  Neato!

This week has actually been really hard for me.  We worked really hard and we got standard, which was exciting, but I do kind of feel out of it.  Understanding is really difficult, and I wonder if that has gotten me down, but I don't really know.  I bet now that our hot water is working that will be just the change I need to get back into the groove of things :)

I think it is a good thing to review goals.  Think about where we are now, where we want to be, and where we wanted to be.  Here in the mission it is pretty easy to make goals based on time, because our time is charted out pretty specifically.  It seems hard to me to make goals in the real world!  But hopefully all you people reading this are making goals, evaluating on successes, and reflecting on how "failed" goals can be achieved.  So exciting!  

Róbi bought me this cake for my one month in the country!!
He is really fun and we get along really well.  He has been meeting
 with missionaries for awhile and he really understands
 the gospel and he studies really "smartly", taking notes
and such.  Can't wait to see more of his progress!
Turns out this email is super short, but I really don't know what else to say.  Mom--get better.  I still want to see what your campaign stuff looks like :)  Please know that I love you, and I am so grateful to be a missionary, and a representative of Jesus Christ.  This next week will be crazy!  But, I say bring it on.  The Lord can help me do anything and I know He will help everyone, however we need it.

Szeretlek,

Kennedy nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment