Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Dear family,
What a crazy week it has been!  We will start with the important stuff.  I opened a city with my new companion... SISTER MAXFIELD!  I love her, and we get along like peanut butter and jelly (that expression doesn't work here, because no one uses peanut butter... but it makes sense to you.)  This is a picture of us two right after we were "assigned".  Ha.

We are really getting along well and we are super happy talking to strangers all day.

So yeah, now I am in Szeged.  There was an article in the last Ensign about a guy fom Szeged.  Coooool. 

Want to see something gross?  It's my backpack mark,  I am going to DIE in the summer :)  Ewww.






I am trying to think what else I can write about...Calling on Saturday was supe great!  I really liked that one.  I really like my mom.  I called some of my "moms" in the mission on Sunday, and it was kind of nice sending my love to a few of those special ladies I get to serve with.  Women rule.

I will share a little experience from Sunday.  On Thursday, one of the Elders here told me I would be speaking on Sunday.  I kind of freaked out because it was my first talk, and hey!  Talking to a bunch of strangers in Hungarian is terrifying, so I was being sassy about it all, and Sister Maxfield said she could give the talk!  Naturally, I accepted immediately, because if she can do it, so can i!  And, she gave a great talk on Sunday.  I got up after her and just said how afraid I was to follow up after her because she already did so well and I don't want people to compare my language skills to her :)  The people all laughed... But, I was a little serious...  The talk went really well and a lot of people liked it.  We talked about Joseph Smith and the first vision.  Sister Maxfield talked about how we need faith and such, and then I talked about what we really learn from the first vision--that God knows us all individually (by name), that God speaks today, and that He answers our prayers.  It was really good.  I really liked preparing it.  During Relief Society a lady told me about how when I told the first vision that she felt a feeling come over her that she hasn't felt in a really long time.  It just started at her head until it filled her whole body.  It was really incedible how she talked about it.  It made me feel like I was really being an instrument for the Lord.  She also told us about some family problems she was going through, so her being able to have that strong feeling was specifically just for her--for her to have comfort.  Again proving that God knows us all perfectly.  I love it.

God truly loves us all.  We truly are his children.  I know it.  Do you?
Sok szeretettel,
Kennedy nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment