Tuesday, February 12, 2013

What a winter wonderland.

Dear family,

So excited to hear that Rachel has her mission papers in!  Dad.  I loved your email. It snowed the more this weekend than it has my whole mission combined, so I am a bit envious of you being out on a cruise.  I don't understand what facetiming means... but it sounds dangerous.  Technology.  Scary.  Congratulations to Chelsea for her awesome acceptance into that smart math thing!!  Look at all of the blessings you are receiving for me serving a mission :)

Let's talk about the snow.  Fact.  I love snow.  It is really pretty, and white, and the last snow fall was the perfect consistency for snowmen making.  That didn't happen, but it was still perfect.  We are teaching a part member family, the Rádulyék.  I know I have talked about them before... They live out in the middle of nowhere, so we take a bus out there, and then we walk by foot down a dirt road to get to their house.  Always an adventure.  The weather here has been super nice for winter.  Cold, but never really treacherous.  It seems to only snow when we go out and meet with the Rádulyék.  Literally.  It won't be snowing and then as we start walking to the bus it snows.  This has been happening for like... 7 weeks.  I made the mistake of bringing it up to them... so, whenever it snows they bring it.  They are always really nice and walk us to and from the bus stop.  Ha.  I knew I wouldn't hear the end of it, but we actually ended up getting a ride from a member!  We pulled up and as soon as I see Sándor, the first thing he says is, Kennedy nővér, esik a hó.  That means, Sister Kennedy, it's snowing.  His wife said the same thing to me.  I told them I was going to stay in Kecskemét forever, and so they would be having snow storms on Sundays for a long while... :)

Transfers are coming up next week, and transfer weeks are going to be a little bit different.  We will be taking P-Day on Tuesday and that is when we will find out what is happening for transfers.  Naturally I joke about me staying... but I really think I am leaving.  If I do stay... I will be completely flabbergasted.  So, I will be letting you all know next Tuesday about my fate!

This past week was really weird.  Sister Behunin and I have been working good and having a lot of fun and a lot of success, but our investigators haven't been able to meet.  Everytime we call they don't answer.  It is really weird, and it catches me off guard.  But, we were able to take advantage of that and we got some great finding time in!!  Streeting is terrifying.  Walking up to strangers... fun... So we did it!  It was incredible. We were out for 15 minutes and we had gotten three numbers and gifted one Book of Mormon.  (We have since been able to contact one of them, and have a program set up with her.)  The rest of our hour was not as successful, but we were so stoked to talk to those wonderful people.  I love missionary work.  I absolutely adore it in everyway.  Weird things happen all of the time.  I love it.  I know that I am an instrument for the Lord.  He gives me opportunities.  I either take them or I don't.  We are all given opportunities, literally, every day.  Our Heavenly Father loves us and He wants the best for us.  It is up to us to take advantage of the things coming our way.

Life is a gift.
Sister Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment