Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The big news...


Well!!  We got transfer calls today!!  The big news is this:  my companion is going to open Pécs with a new missionary and I am staying and getting  Sister Behunin.  Wow!  I will be in Kecskemét for another couple of weeks!  Because they are shortening the MTC time I think this transfer will be shorter... but I will be honest in saying I really don't have any idea.  I am excited though.  I love it here, and I know that there is a reason that I am still here.  Gotta work hard and keep it up!!  Sister Kimball and I got super standard this week, and it was one of the hardest things I have ever done.  We had all of the numbers except for less active members.  We spent around six hours walking and streeting and trying to find anyone that might be interested in meeting with us, come to find out they had moved, weren't home, or weren't interested (the worst kind!!)  But, we were so close!!  So, on Sunday night we just kept working... and working... and working...  We might have only eaten some chips that a member gave us that day.  But at 8:30 we showed up at this guys house, and his wife was freaking out and getting really upset that we were there, talking to him, so late, and he just seemed so sad, like something was seriously missing.  We were at this gate in front of his house, and when his wife was around he kind of signed for us to write down our phone number and drop it in the mailbox.  Wow.  Our number had been blocked, we dropped by, he really is interested, just his family isn't.  We really hope to hear from him soon.  Things like that make me excited to stay in Kecskemét.

We went to a dinner program with the sweetest member, Éva.  Oh!  I skyped you all at her house.  While we were there she told me that I speak beautiful Hungarian and that she wishes I spoke more because she really likes the way I sound when I speak it.  I thought it was the nicest thing.  Anyway.  The language is coming.  Don't fear!  The people here love helping me and they are really great at it... Because they are Hungarian.

Sister Kimball and I actually just got back from dancing!!  Someone from her English class invited us to come watch a class, and then when the teacher said we could dance together and we didn't have to dance with guys, we got so excited, so we did it, and now I am super sweaty, and so happy.  It was really great.

Yeah.  I don't know what else to say!!  I am super happy, and things are going.  Can't wait to get a new companion and to keep the work going.  I love Kecskemét, and I am so grateful for the ward here.  We were talking about it at Éva's tonight, how people are so willing to help and work together.  We just got to help reactivate people and invite more people to come into the fold of Christ.  Did I tell you we met this guy from California that is a pastor?  He said he was interested in our message.  It didn't turn out that way.  He was super worried about our souls though... and that was nice.  But, it was not a pleasant place to be.  Anyway.  That was random.

I know that Christ is my Savior.  He restored his true church though Joseph Smith, and we have a living prophet on the earth today because God loves us enough to allow us to receive revelation.

Sok szeretettel,
Kenned nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment