Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Mom didn't write me :(

Hello family!

First let's start with the good stuff.  Is the front room getting redone?!  That is like... news of the century!!  I want pictures.  I want them soooo bad!  Really, this is the craziest thing I have heard in a long while.  Are you replacing the carpet?  Are you prepping the house to resell?  Have you bought a new house?  What is going on at home?!  Don't forget me!!!  I want to be filled in, as you can tell.
Oh.  I brought this up in my email last time, but because I got locked out and couldn't send anything really, I forgot to mention that I can count down my mission on my fingers.  What a terrible thing.  I love it here.  Got to make my time count!!!
Grandma asked a little bit about our schedule here, and if we have any time to check out the big city!  On P-Day we do shopping, emailing, laundry (or at least we try... our washer takes 3 hours per load), and then from 6-9 we are working.  Oh.  And we study.  So, basically we try to email fast, shop faster, and then get out and see everything.  I love it.  We are planning to go check out the sights today, Sister Peterson hasn't really seen a lot, so it's kind of funny because I am just doing things I have already done.  Anywho.  We went to a music store this morning (Sister Peterson got permission to get a ukulele), but it didn't open for a little while, and we found a little park really close that we just walked around.  It was really nice, and really calm.  There is an exhibit there called the láthatatlan kiállítás.  Umm...  Yeah.  So like, an invisible exhibit.  I think it seems pretty cool, and maybe we can go over there.  Don't know if it is worth it to pay to get in if everything we look at is just invisible.  Oh well.  This is a cool apple core picture from the park.  Neat.  In this picture I am eating it.  Nom, nom, nom.  Finomság benne.

Just got a phone call!  This week we met with a couple of new age religious thinkers.  Into the whole, God thing, but they are more into universal peace, and being united with the earth and stuff.  Interesting.  I feel like I eep running into people like that.  Anywy.  Guy who called.  His name is Peter, but there are too many Peters, so he goes by Don Pedro.  Really cool guy.  He used to live in a Spanish speaking country, hence the name.  But he prayed in Spanish at the end of the lesson.  Wow.  I didn't understand anything!  I understood when he said my name... and when he said amen.  That was it.  Before my mission I talked to one of your students in Spanish... There is not a chance in the world that I would be able to do that now.  Not at all.  Sometimes teaching in English is hard for me now.  I would just much rather say it in Hungarian, my comfortable language.  But.  The phone call.  It was from Don Pedro.  I was really interested to meet with him, and as we got talking, I didn't really know where it was going or what we were doing.  Sometimes the planned programs just don't turn out how we want them to.  But, Sister Peterson last week was supposed to focus on the importance of the Book of Mormon and so she has been inviting everyone to really develop a testimony of it.  He just called to tell me how much he loved the discussion and how he has started reading the book and he loves it!  He thinks Lehi was pretty cool, and he can't wait until we meet again.  Such cool stuff!

Being a missionary calls for some hard times.  I had a lady ask for money and after I explained to her that I couldn't give her any and that kind of stuff, she wished me that I would have an awful life and that kharma would come back and get me, basically.  That is kind of hard to hear.  And it is really hard when people set up to meet with you four times and never show up, and it is really hard when bums never leave you alone (this is why we try to do stuff with the Elders when bum encounters could happen.  genious!).  So yeah.  Sometimes life is hard.  But, I love my mission.  I love messing up with the language, because then I learn better.  I love sharing my testimony, even when people laugh at me because of it.  I love meeting so many different people from all walks of life.  I don't like being hung up on.  I like talking to people at the gospel in the street.  The other day a really nice man was telling me how wrong I was, and as he left he wished that I would be able to find Christ, because He is the true path.  I thanked him and I said,  how wonderful it is that Christ is the path, and how he will help us.  So interesting.  So many people believe in truth, but sometimes we miss the entirety of it.  We can find that in this church, ps.

Welp!  I love you all, and I am grateful for all of the love and support you give me.  You being the general you all form.  I love my mission.  I am so happy I am here!!  11 new sisters in 4 weeks!  big changes coming up in the mission... but it is so worth it :)  WEEEEE!!  Rachel...  This will be your life in a few months.  Hold on tight!

Sok szeretettel,
Kennedy nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment