Monday, November 12, 2012

I speak like a child.

Dear family,

MOM!!  Congrats on your win.  What a great blessing.  Whenever people asked us about the election we would just let them know we haven't studied it out and we don't really know what is going on.  One ward member asked us who we would vote for, and when we asked who she would vote for she said, I don't know.  Obama's favorite singer is Beyoncé, and she is my favorite singer, so probably him.  But, we will see how things go.  We just need to remember to love and serve our neighbors and be good representatives of Christ so we can receive blessings!  We have been promised that when we keep the commandments we will prosper in the land, so we should keep 'em!

On Halloween we had a little party for our English
Students.Sister Kimball and I dressed up.  Better yet,
we tied our own ties!!!
Oh.  When I went to the doctors last week I was told I have eye exhema.  Don't know if I spelled that right... but that is what I have.

I loved hearing about Grandma's temple tour.  I miss the temple a lot.  How lucky you all are to have temples in your home towns!!  Or even one less than an hour away.  A couple of people needed temple recommend interviews here, because theirs had expired, and so a member of the Stake Presidency in Budapest had to drive down in order to conduct interviews.  We are so blessed to have grown up where the church has a strong footing.  

Want to know about one of my favorite moments this week?  Okay!  It was definately the Primary Progam!!  There are ten primary kids in our ward, and they did a really good job.  It was funny, too.  Just like any other primary program I have been to.  The church really is the same everywhere!  At the close of the program the kids got up to say their final testimony.  They said things like, Christ is God's son, the church is true, the Book of Mormon is God's word, families are forever, just general things like that.  As they finished I was so stoked I had understood everything they said, and I realized that I had memorized every one of those phrases in the MTC so I could teach.  Awesome!  I guess it just proves that I speak like a child.  At least, when it comes to the gospel.  Kids say stuff all of the time to me that I can not understand at all.  Perfect, leaves room for growth.

Sister Kimball and I at a momument here in
Kecskemét. It represents how Kecskemét is
the center of Hungary, and it goes through
the different areas of Hungary, mostly
the affects of World War II when they
lost so much land. It is really cool.
The work is going really well.  Tamás has chosen a date to be baptized!!  We are so excited to keep working with him and preparing him for that.  He is really excited to see a baptism, and there will be two in December that we are planning on going to, one is our investigator Misi.  He asked us the other day how many people normally go, and we told him it varied, but maybe 20 or so, and he said, 20 people will see me in the water in my swim suit?  Not exactly... but it was a funny thought.  He is so excited to follow Christ and to follow the path that God wants him to follow.  

We continue to prepare Misi for baptism.  He is so different from when we first started meeting with him.  It is amazing the difference in his eyes.  The gospel really makes people happy.  I love it!  We learned about the 10 commandments last program and Sister Kimball showed hand signs for each one, and Misi remembered every one!  I know this because I saw him flashing them to Berta, his girlfriend, during the Primary program.  I am so grateful I get to help with the growth of these people.

President Smith challenged us to build our relationship with Christ and to become more like Him, mostly getting us all prepared for Christmas and such.  We are working on a different Christlike attribute every week.  I have been kind of doing the same thing, but I love the specific direction it has given me.  We should talk about our progress as companions, and we should keep working to really develop it, not just learn about it.  So, this weeks challenge is to get ahold of a copy of Preach My Gospel and read through the Christlike attribute chapter.  Just flip through it, and pick one.  And then try to live that attribute better.  And then in a couple of days, maybe read the whole section about the attribute you picked, and then on Sunday, or another free day, study out the scriptures on it, look it up in True to the Faith, or compare what the "world's" view on the attribute is, and then compare and contrast it to the gospel's definition.  I know that as we study who Christ was and try to live more like Him we will be blessed with peace, comfort, and happiness.
This is the big church in town, and a remarkable sky.
How beautiful.  I am super lucky to leave here :)
The Church is true.  I am so grateful of the little moments I have everyday to testify of what I know to be true.  I want everyone at home to know that I love them, and that I am so grateful for the prayers, love, and support.  Hopefully you all can feel my prayers for you!



Szeretlek,
Kennedy nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment